warwick
Image: Ian Halsey / Flickr

Tributes paid to Warwick student who passed away in road accident

Tributes have been paid to a student from the University of Warwick who passed away after a road accident in Leamington Spa.

Sami Mohiuddin, a 22-year-old first-year Law student, was involved in a collision with a taxi on Wednesday 24 April.

The crash took place during the early hours of the morning on Kenilworth Road, near Leamington Rugby Club.

Warwick Law Society President Maaya Sachdev said: “We are deeply saddened to have learned of the death of Sami Mohiuddin in a road accident.

“Sami was a truly remarkable individual and it was my great honour to have had the opportunity to get to know him this year.

“When I think of Sami I will remember his kind nature, style and charisma. He will be greatly missed and our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.”

Paying their respects, the Chaplaincy at Warwick said: “Chaplains are so sad to hear of the death of Sami in a road accident. His friends and family are in our prayers.”

The University released a statement writing that they were “deeply saddened” by the news.

“While we are not able to give any further details, we appreciate that students and staff close to Sami will be affected by this news,” they said. “Please do contact Wellbeing Support Services if you would like support.”

Police are appealing for anyone who has any information to call 101, quoting incident number 42 of 24 April 2019.