The Boar
The Boar

Warwick Men and Women’s Swimming team achieve an easy victory

On Saturday Warwick’s Men and Women’s swimming team competed against Coventry university once again and did exceptionally well throughout all of their races.

They started with some warm-ups before getting straight into the races with the first being the 200m women’s front-crawl which they smashed and gave everyone watching a sure sign that Warwick was in a great spot to win swimming this year. Initially, the men were lagging behind a little and Coventry was starting to have the upper hand, however, the women stayed consistently strong by winning their 200m relay as well as the 100m backstroke.

Warwick was clearly put their all into these races as the Women’s team had not lost a single race

In the 100m, Warwick Men’s started to show Coventry what they’re really made of by beating Coventry in the 100m backstroke, breaststroke and front crawl. Warwick was clearly put their all into these races as the Women’s team had not lost a single race and the Men’s were still in the lead.

There was a quick ten-minute break to allow both teams to regain their strength and meant that everyone watching got to enjoy (or endure) a rendition of All Star and Angels from some hungover Waterpolo members which helped to take away some of the tension of the races.

It was incredible to watch, largely because several of the members had competed in 3 races consecutively

After the break, Warwick continued to pull out all the stops and won two races right away. However, that wasn’t the end of it because Coventry managed to win another two races as well. It was incredible to watch, largely because several of the members had competed in 3 races consecutively and were still winning. The last two races were the relays which were all front-crawl and both the Men and Women teams managed to win with an insane amount of ease. Overall both teams defeated Coventry and added a total of four points to the scoreboard which meant that Warwick was a little bit closer to winning Varsity.

Even though the actual matches were over, it turns out that neither Coventry or Warwick wanted to finish and swam a few friendly mixed relays; true dedication to their sport right there. Congratulations to Warwick Swimming for your victories!