Photo: ITV/ Love Island

Love Island – the story so far

We’re now almost four weeks into Love Island and, to be quite honest, the series so far has been dull. Up until Tuesday, not much had really happened — there was the occasional argument and obviously the Adam situation. However, we finally had that drama we’d all been craving in Tuesday night’s episode.

Please note: This article contains spoilers up until the episode on Wednesday 27 June.

Jack and Dani

Jack and Dani are quite clearly the Nathan and Cara of Series 4. They’ve been together since the first show, with only a slight bump, and are always the ones people go to for relationship advice. They were the first couple to make it ‘official’ in the villa and they cause no drama.

Megan and Wes

So in our dramatic episode this week Megan decided to ‘crack on’ with Wes, leaving Laura and Eyal on their own.

Are we forgetting that in the early days Laura tried it with Adam, and only seemed interested in Wes after finding out in a challenge that he spent £1000 on a first date? And that Wes was planning on trying it on with Ellie when she first came in? These two were never as stable as people think and, as Adam told us in the challenge, Laura does his head in because she jumps on Wes for doing the smallest thing.

No matter what situation you’re in, you shouldn’t enjoy someone else’s tears

Both Megan and Wes went about the situation in completely the wrong way. She really should have spoken to Laura first, as she clearly knew that it would upset her. She kept saying ‘sorry Laura’ during the challenge, but was she really that sorry? After four series of Love Island, the one thing we have learnt is that you talk to the person you’re going to hurt first to save the drama.

Did anyone else notice that smirk when Laura walked away from Wes almost crying? Megan was thrilled at the drama and hurt she had caused between them. It’s horrible. Who enjoys someone else’s hurt like that? No matter what situation you’re in, you shouldn’t enjoy someone else’s tears. Parading through the bedroom together to go to the daybed for the night was also cruel.

In an interview with Glamour Magazine before going on the show, Megan said: “The only couple I wouldn’t want to break up is Laura and Wes because I can tell they really like each other.” She claimed that she wouldn’t hold back when it came to Niall and Eyal, however.

I’ve never seen anyone look so bored when sitting with a boy they supposedly ‘fancy’

Megan claimed to Eyal that she hasn’t always thought of Wes in the way she does now but, although this might be true, I really don’t think she liked Eyal. Watching them as a couple every night was painful. They’d sit around the fire pit every night and he’d put his arms around her; she sat emotionless. I’ve never seen anyone look so bored when sitting with a boy they supposedly ‘fancy’.

She’s definitely playing a game and causing this drama with Laura and Wes. They are the couple she thought was really strong and she is deliberately trying to get a reaction from the rest of the villa and the public.

Georgia and Josh

Personally, I really like Georgia and Josh. I’m not completely sure their heads won’t be turned in the Casa Amor situation coming up in future episodes, but I think that’s because they haven’t really been given enough screen time to show us whether or not their relationship is strong and stable.

Casa Amor

Like last year when things got a bit dull and samey, the villa has been split and twelve new Islanders are gracing our screen. It always creates an opportunity for a bit of drama — people worrying about their partner’s eyes wandering.

I want to like this part of Love Island because it creates that bit of drama that we crave. But I just don’t like it. Last year, the only Islanders it gave us were Craig (remember him?), Danielle, Nathan and Chyna, none of whom lasted more than one re-coupling. Do we even remember the rest?