Image: Wikimedia Commons

The world’s largest Primark is coming to Birmingham

The world’s largest Primark store is set to open in Birmingham in time for Christmas this year.

The store will be situated in the building formerly occupied by the Pavilions Shopping Centre and is expected to open in December. The Pavilions closed in May 2016 after 29 years of business.

The Primark will take up 160,000 square feet of space and feature five floors. As well as its usual range of clothing, cosmetics, and homeware, this store will include access to free Wi-Fi and “customer recharge areas”.

The store will be staffed by around 900 people, 430 of which will be transferred from the Primark store in Birmingham’s New Street, while recruitment for the others will begin in August.

A spokesperson for the new Primark has stated that the store will be: “The largest in the world”.

They added: “We have a loyal customer base in Birmingham and are very excited to unveil the new store, which will be almost four times the size of our current city centre store.”

Jill Lupupa, a second-year Philosophy and English Literature student stated: “I think it’s a good thing because Birmingham is called ‘the second city’ for a reason so should have a large enough Primark to compete with Coventry and its own high street stores.”

On whether the new store will encourage more Warwick students to visit Birmingham, Lucy Mobbs, a second-year student of French with Spanish, commented: “I think the Primark will be good, although Leamington has more shops that I prefer like H&M and New Look so personally I don’t think it will be worth travelling all the way to Birmingham for.”

It is thought that the biggest Primark store in the UK is currently one in Manchester which has three storeys and occupies 155, 000 square feet of space.

• Birmingham supplies shopping facilities next to none and in today’s economic climate, in prices to satisfy all pockets.Primark birmingham is the optimal/optimally choice for best clothes, supermarket you can get more stunning guys’s sporting whilst children wearing collection with a fair price.