Valentine’s Day Date Spots

Valentine’s Day is here again – prepare yourself for the barrage of heart-shaped balloons and soppy cards. Whether you think that Valentine’s is overrated and cringey, or have been planning the big day for weeks, we can all definitely agree that it’s an excuse to treat yo’self to a fancy dinner.
So, even if your February 14 is set to be more of a ‘Pal-entines’ than a Valentine’s, there are plenty of places scattered around Leamington that mean you can indulge, even on a student budget.

First up is a Leamington date night classic – La Coppola. Located on Regent Street down by Royal Priors, La Coppola is the perfect, yet obvious, choice for a Valentine’s Day outing with bae. While it isn’t advertising any specific deals for the day and granted, it’s a bit pricier than other restaurants in Leam, its intimate setting and impressive Italian menu mean that tables are going to be in high demand. If you want to be sitting in La Coppola on this Valentine’s Day, you better book a table, well, now.
If you want a bit of Italian goodness with a slightly less hefty price tag, Prezzo or Zizzi are always a good bet. They’re both running a Valentine’s Day set menu, so you can eat yourselves silly without breaking the bank. Zizzi are offering 3 courses for £19.95 from February 9 to February 17, which includes vegetarian and vegan options. And, if the date goes well, it’s opposite House and Spoons so you can go for a cheeky drink afterwards. Prezzo are inviting you to enjoy three courses for the same price, along with 25% off all bottles of prosecco and wine. Count me in. This deal is running from the 14th to the 17th, so if for some reason you have something more important to be doing on this special, special day, there are plenty of other opportunities for you to get on the prosecco.

If Italian food isn’t your thing, how about some French cuisine at Bistrot Pierre? Another classic date night choice, this is one of my favourite restaurants in Leam (bae, if you’re reading this, hint hint). They’re offering three courses and a glass of sparkling rosé for £29.95, and while this is a bit pricier than the deals offered at Zizzi and Prezzo, the menu looks incredible. The steak, normally £16.50, is included with no extra sur charge – factor in a chocolate brownie and the glass of fizz and it’s almost as if they’re paying you.

Leamington really does have a place to cater for every taste. While many aren’t running promotions for Valentine’s, most are reasonably priced and all are very instagrammable. Parsis Café serves Persian style food and has a buzzing atmosphere perfect for a casual date. Across the road is Wildes, whose intimate setting and plethora of tapas dishes make for a romantic night. Not to mention that gin and tonics are included in their happy hour deal – need I say anymore?

And if you’d rather just escape the hordes of couples stay in on Valentine’s day, Marks & Spencer have announced their Valentine’s dine in for £20 offer. Running from February 9 to 14, it includes starters, main courses, sides, desserts and a cheeky box of chocolates, all for, you guessed it, 20 pounds. Tesco also run a similar dine-in offer for ten pounds, which is less fancy, but still perfect for a cute night in cooking (or microwaving) your Valentine’s dinner.