Image: Wikimedia commons / History of Modern Biomedicine Research Group

Warwick professor recognised in New Year’s Honours List

Richard Lilford, a professor of public health at Warwick University’s Medical School, has been recognised in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours List.

The Honours List is made on an annual basis in recognition of people who have gone above and beyond to help others and those who have achieved outstanding results within a particular field.

The honours committee review and select every nomination on the list, before passing the chosen names onto the Prime Minister and the Queen. Over a thousand people were recognised during the Queen’s Honours List for 2018.

As part of his recognition, Professor Lilford has received a CBE for his services to public health research.

Professor Lilford’s recent research involved investigations into the health economic evaluations of service delivery interventions. He has also designed a framework for the evaluation of complex interventions that draws a crucial distinction between targeted and generic service interventions within public health services.

Prof. Lilford has pursued a career in medicine for over 40 years, where he has specialised in obstetrics and gynaecology. He is also the director of the Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care.

Prof. Lilford is currently an investigator for industry- and charity-sponsored research grants, a project that has received over £35 million worth of funding from the government.

Professor Lilford is currently working on six key projects, including the development of a selection tool for community health workers in sub-Saharan Africa.