Image: Facebook / Warwick Memes

Be part of the meme team – Warwick Memes launches their own internship

The ever-growing Warwick Memes Facebook page is offering a two-week internship next term as part of their search for a student to run the page next year.

As many students may be aware, the page focusses on poking fun at aspects of campus life including Pop, the ever-present geese, freshers searching for housing and the SU.

The meme page has grown in popularity over the past year; while in February Warwick Memes was flourishing with almost 2,500 likes, the page is now booming with almost 5,400.

According to the page’s editor, in order for this success to continue he must begin the search for someone passionate, with a keen eye for memes, to take over next year.

The editor told the Boar: “Rather than just giving the page to someone when I graduate, I think it would be far better to train them in a Sith Lord-Sith Apprentice style for a period beforehand.”

Applications for the internship are now open on the page. As part of the process, applicants must partake in an aptitude test comprised of three sections – Quality Control, Meme Comprehension and Meme Creation.

Tell someone you have an internship with Warwick memes and you’ll have nothing but respect from your peers

Warwick Memes were happy to give the Boar an insight into what they’re looking for from candidates in each section. As part of Quality Control, students must demonstrate an ability to distinguish between memes that are ‘world class’ and those that could ‘damage the page’.

The Meme Comprehension section of the application is a basic test of how well you know the industry, a part in which the page is looking for enthusiasm and passion concerning all things meme.

Finally, according to the editor, Meme Creation is ‘arguably the most important part of the test’, requiring refined skills in subtle and outrageous humour that do not come naturally to most students.

According to the editor, although he has only reviewed a few applications as of last week, few candidates are yet to score over 50%.

The role has been described as attractive to students based on its prestigious position within the page’s admin team, and valuable one-on-one training with the current leader of the team.

In the words of the editor: “Tell someone you have an internship at Goldman Sachs and they might just stop talking to you completely. Tell someone you have an internship with Warwick Memes and you’ll have nothing but respect from your peers.”