Image: Jmm / Flickr

Star Wars actors are coming to Leamington Spa

Ten Star Wars actors are set to visit Leamington Spa in celebration of the franchise’s 40th anniversary. The event will be called “Spa Wars.”

The event will take place in All Saints Parish Church on Priory Terrace on Saturday 2 December and will feature replica robots from the Star Wars films, a Luke Skywalker Christmas grotto as well as gaming and shopping. A special screening of the 1976 Star Wars documentary Elstree will also be held at the church on the same evening.

Amongst the cast members are actors who played the original Stormtrooper, an X-wing Pilot, Bounty Hunters and Gamorrean guards in the original trilogy as well as the recent Disney sequels.

Spa Wars is being organised by the team behind Leam Comic Con and is set to take place the week preceding the release of the latest addition to the film franchise, The Last Jedi.

We have robotic droids, professional cosplayers, plenty of comics, collectibles and original art for sale and even a Luke Skywalker Christmas Grotto for the kids.
Lisa-Marie Nelson

The team has promised that the celebration will be a: “A galactic showcase fit for fans, collectors and families looking for a fun day out or a spot of early Christmas shopping”.

Furthermore, Lisa-Marie Nelson, a spokesperson for the event has said: “Spa Wars is the perfect opportunity for fans to meet original Star Wars cast members and get hyped for the latest movie. We have robotic droids, professional cosplayers, plenty of comics, collectibles and original art for sale and even a Luke Skywalker Christmas Grotto for the kids.”

On behalf of Warwick’s Star Wars Society, publicity officer Rosie Eagers has commented: “We’re incredibly thrilled that Spa Wars is happening. Having an event that’s so local which embraces not just the films but work from entire franchise, from art and comics to table-top games, is fantastic to see. We hope everyone will enjoy seeing how much Star Wars has inspired people and have a great time making connections with fellow fans.”

Tickets for Spa Wars will cost £10 for adults and £5 for children.