Warwick means business: WBS expands its London base at the Shard

Warwick Business School (WBS) is set to increase its presence in London’s iconic Shard by opening over 6,000 ft of new offices on the 13th floor.

The Shard, currently the tallest building in the European Union, has been labelled by Dean Andy Lockett as “the perfect base” for business students in the finance capital, with its “exceptional transport links” that make it ideal as a networking central.

With its current 12,150 sq ft of space, the School teaches a range of courses such as a Masters in Central Banking and Financial Regulation for Bank of England staff and graduates. The further 6,342 sq ft will see the School’s expansion onto the 13th floor.

WBS made its first mark in London in  2015 when the University saw Mayor Boris Johnson unveil a glass sculpture to celebrate the School’s investment in two state-of-the-art lecture theatres and seminar rooms on the 17th floor.

However, with a greater level of funding the business WBS has chosen to enhance further the unique learning opportunities by increasing their footprint at the Shard by 50%.

James Hayton, Associate Dean of the London campus, labelled the endeavor as an “ideal opportunity” to improve the students’ experience and job prospects: “By deepening our ties with businesses in London we are also able to find new employment opportunities for students and have found that members of the business community engage with us in teaching, research and long term institutional development.”

The business school currently shares its offices on the 17th floor two world-renowned companies, jewellers Tiffany & Co. and software provider Sage. Surrounded by this high-profile business environment, the Dean has labelled the offices across the two floors as “inspiring spaces that create the perfect learning environment.”

Professor Lockett further explained that the expansion “will allow more people to learn the latest research and thinking in business, management and leadership” in the increasingly connected finance capital.

(Images are of the 17th floor of The Shard and are provided by Warwick Business School)