Image: The University of Warwick Volleyball Club

Why you should join…Volleyball

Join one of the most decorated clubs of 2016-17

The volleyball club won Club of the Year for 2016-17 and scored the second highest in Sportmark, the university sports club accreditation scheme, as well as winning a Warwick Sport Activator award for our work in promoting volleyball across the campus.

Try something new

We cater to all levels, so don’t worry if you’ve never even touched a volleyball before. Our friendly exec team is willing to help everyone get to grips with the game. We run weekly sessions for beginner and casual play which always have a great turnout.

Meet people from all over the world

Our club ranks as one of the most diverse on campus with members from every part of the world. The chances are that whatever country you are from there will be a member to make you feel welcome at Warwick.

Enjoy great socials

With such a diverse club, we know that not everyone wants the same thing from a social event. We try to keep our socials varied, with everything from wild nights out at Pop and quiet evenings in enjoying great food from around the world cooked up by our members.

Compete at a high level

Our 1st competitive teams are competing at the second highest BUCS level in the country in the Midlands 1A division so those looking for a place to show off their talent will certainly have that chance. Our first teams are also part of the Team Warwick Performance programme, meaning that they receive additional fitness and strength sessions and promotion on campus.

Compete for fun

As well as our 1st teams, we have both Men’s and Women’s 2nd and local teams. If you are looking to compete at a more relaxed level or maybe want to train up for the 1st team in years to come then this is a great place to start.

Where to find us?

Check us out on facebook at “The University of Warwick Volleyball Club”. We will be posting lots of information during Fresher’s week so keep an eye out for all the great events we have going on. Come and say hi to us at sports fair as well, we are always willing to chat about the club with anyone that will listen!