Image: Warwick Triathlon and Road Cycling

Why you should join…Triathlon and Road Cycling

Inclusive

Whether you’re competing at an elite level, just want to keep fit, or anything in between, we want to meet you! You might even surprise yourself – I didn’t know how to swim when I joined this year, and now I’ve competed at a BUCS triathlon. With three different sports to juggle, everyone has different strengths, so we’re always there to help each other out too.

Competitive

There are opportunities to compete throughout the year, at BUCS and other local events. The duathlon and hill climb season kicks off the academic year, moving onto time trialling and triathlons in the spring. This year we launched our own termly ‘Splash & Dash’ series which is growing in popularity. It’s like an aquathlon, but better…

Successful

If you want a BUCS medal, you’ve come to the right place! This year we’ve picked up a host of individual and team medals across the BUCS cycling calendar; one member has qualified for the World Aquathlon Championships this summer, and a former member won Sportswoman of the Year for her international cycling success.

Active (obviously)

This year we’ll have over 18 hours of training sessions a week to choose from. These include swim training from our fab qualified coaches, club rides for different abilities, spin classes (music quality varies on the session leader), and strength and conditioning sessions.

Social

We’re a super friendly bunch and believe there’s more to life than wearing lycra. Our socials range from bowling and trips to watching top level track cycling, to the classic club meals and nights out. We’ve also got big plans for tour this year, incorporating training with, well, not training. Last year it was Manchester; this year is yet to be revealed…