Image: George Hodan

Unitemps turns 20

Unitemps, the temporary employment service, has celebrated its 20th anniversary.

Unitemps is a recruitment agency which fulfils temporary job vacancies, student jobs, and internships across the country, with 11 branches around the UK and 2 in Birmingham. It provides job opportunities on campus and in the local community of student and recent graduates.

The company was founded in 1997 by the University of Warwick. Since its establishment, it has provided more than 4000 roles for more than 2000 university students.

The anniversary was celebrated with a ceremony held at the University which awarded workers for their achievements over the past year.

In an interview with the Coventry Observer, Head of Unitemps, Andy Walker, commented: “We are delighted to have reached this milestone.

“We are pleased to be working with the local community, and helping support local business and look forward to continuing to build these relationships in the future.”

Cognitive development team leader at EBI Solutions Limited, Ali Lokhandwala, has praised the way in which the service benefits local businesses and Unitemps candidate Edward Compton.

Lokhandwala said: “Edward has come up with a lot of innovative ways of designing conversations within IBM’s conversation designer.

“Once a general idea about what needs doing is given to him, he can run with it and come up with solutions to the problems encountered with very little to no help.

“This ability to work independently, learn quickly and think creatively makes him a real asset for our team.”