Image: Facebook/Warwick University Polo Club

Warwick Polo seals double England call

Warwick’s Polo club is the pride of Warwick Sport this week, after two members of the team were called up to represent SUPA England.

Ara Shikhalislami, the club’s President, and Alice Walsh, will represent their country at the upcoming Tri-Nations tournament.

To put this achievement in context, the SUPA (Schools and Universities Polo Association) team only comprises of four members, so to have two home-grown members is an extraordinary coup for everyone involved with the club.

This news is also something of the cherry on the cake for Warwick Polo, whose excellent season has already seen the team triumph at the SUPA Winter Nationals.

Alice Walsh in action for Warwick Polo at the SUPA Winter National tournament (image: Facebook/Warwick University Polo Club)

Ara and Alice will be competing in Ireland, hosts of the tournament that was launched in 2009 and, as its name suggests, features teams from all over Britain and the host nation.

Although the club ordinarily competes away from Campus, everyone in its confines and the Boar Sport will be cheering on Team England, and our representatives in particular, as they look to take home a victory.

Indeed, we expect to have detailed coverage of the tournament in the coming weeks, so don’t miss it!