Image: Kasbah Nightclub / Facebook

Kasbah ranked one of the worst nightclubs in the UK

Kasbah Nightclub has been voted amongst the most tragic in the country, according to a new ranking by the Tab.

The results come from the votes of over 28,000 clubbers around the UK. Kasbah came in at 7th place, with 2,107 votes.

The Kasbah is one of the oldest entertainment venues in Coventry, first opening as the Globe Picture Theatre in 1914.

Since then it has had a variety of names, from the Tic Toc club to the Colosseum, and was re-launched as the Kasbah following a refurbishment in 2007.

It hosts club nights each Monday, Friday, and Saturday and regularly welcomes celebrity guests, recent examples of which include children’s TV legends the Chuckle Brothers and German popstar Cascada.

Kasbah Nightclub, known for its free face-paint, outside smoking area, and £1 shots, continues to proves to be a popular venue with Warwick and Coventry students.

First-year History and Politics student, Nimisha Mistry, commented: “There’s free face paint, what’s not to love? And the smoking area is fantastic, an excellent place to make friends”.

Grace-Emily Kelsey, a first-year Global Sustainable Development student states that the nightclub is: “Totally brilliantly barbaric but I’d go back in an instant”.

Amarjit Kullar, owner of the Kasbah, commented: “We are delighted to be included on the list and we take it as a badge of honour.

“We have been busy for years, we listen to what our customers want and give them a really good night out whether that be at club nights or watching any of the top acts we attract. We get good feedback and people keep returning. If that’s tragic, I’m thrilled!”