Image: Warwick Media Library

QS Rankings put 10 Warwick degrees amongst best in the world

A new rankings by QS  has named 10 University of Warwick degree courses as amongst the top 50 worldwide. The list was released last Wednesday 8 March.

The rankings was compiled using both research citations and employer reputation. It drew on 40,643 survey responses from graduate employers worldwide and evaluated academic reputation with 74,651 responses from global academics.

QS releases the subject rankings annually to help prospective students decide their university based on subject choice.

Warwick’s English and Comparative Literary Studies performed particularly well, ranking the 16th best in the world, up 3 places from 22nd last year. Statistics, Economics, and Business and Management Studies also featured in the top thirty, coming in at 24th, 25th and 26th, respectively.

History and Accounting and Finance came in at 31st and 32nd whilst Mathematics came in at 40th and Sociology, and Politics and International Studies came in at joint 44th. Modern Languages took 50th place and many more of Warwick’s subjects featured in the top 100.

Vice-chancellor Stuart Croft commented: “Having ten subjects in the world’s top 50, including English Language and Literature in the top 20, once more demonstrates the University of Warwick’s global reputation for research, teaching and scholarship excellence”.

First-year Philosophy and English Literature student Helena Poulloura added: “English literature at Warwick is definitely more than deserving of such a ranking; the modules provided span a large spectrum of ideas and approaches to engaging with literature from across cultures and times.”

“In addition to having such rich content, the teaching is in depth and diverse – with different lecturers adopting different techniques to teaching meaning that we are constantly receiving information in engaging and refreshing ways.”