Nintendo Society, University of Warwick/ Societies

Introducing Warwick’s Nintendo Society

We are honored to present a new exciting society for all Nintendo loving fans at the University of Warwick. We provide Nintendo themed gaming and social events in the hope that it will make your time at university a more enjoyable and memorable experience.

Nintendo Characters Living Together In A Harmonious Universe, Bago Games, Flickr.com

Currently, we at the Nintendo Society hold events on Mondays and Wednesdays each week. Our Monday events consist of a library of playable Wii and Wii U games, allowing for friendly local multiplayer fun. Members with 3DS consoles can also come along for StreetPass hits and enjoy handheld multiplayer games with others. On occasion, Pokémon anime and movies are shown for members to enjoy and relax in front of.

Wednesday events are focused on the Super Smash Bros. games including; Wii U, Melee and, on occasion, Project M Brawl and 64. We provide an array of setups and these sessions are open to members of all skill levels; from those who have never played to those who play and follow the competitive scene. We offer coaching sessions for those interested in improving their Super Smash skills. There are even tournaments each week so members can compete with the society’s best players.

the Nintendo Society will share with its members the joy that is the Nintendo Switch console

Now, looking to the future. 2017 is looking to be a great year for Nintendo. Inspired by this, we hope to bring a lot of new ideas into the society. Miitomo and Pokémon Go were very successful apps and with more Nintendo games being released for mobile devices, including Fire Emblem Heroes and Super Mario Run, it has become even easier to engage with the Nintendo community and experience, with most apps being free to play.

you will be joining a welcoming community with the opportunity to make new friends

From March 2017, the Nintendo Society will share with its members the joy that is the Nintendo Switch console. Nintendo Switch has 3 different play styles; TV mode, Tabletop mode and Handheld mode, all of which can be utilized at our events. Members will be able to experience this next generation console for the very first time shortly after release. Also, more titles for the Switch will be released and playable at our events in the coming months.

Also, we want to build a platform for people to be involved in the competitive Super Smash Bros. scene across the UK. Along with our local training and tournament sessions, we go to cities such as Birmingham to participate in larger tournaments. These have been successful and enjoyable trips for both entrants and spectators in the past, and we hope to continue this in future years. A future objective would be to create an inter-university, e-sports scene or competition, like Varsity, by collaborating with other gaming societies at Warwick and with other universities.

brar_j, flickr.com

The original idea for making this society was formulated two years ago. Watching a small group of friends grow into a community was great and in 2017 we have the opportunity of making this society into something truly special. For only £3, you will be joining a welcoming community with the opportunity to make new friends who share similar interests to you. You will get to experience the delight of the Nintendo universe at our events without having to own one a console. And you can even play with friends on the go with the various smartphone apps available.

Well then, folks, until next time, stay fresh! And we hope to see you at one of our events soon.