Image: Warwick Media Library

Warwick named University most sought after by top graduate employers

Warwick University has been named the university most sought after by top graduate employers in the UK, according to research conducted in December last year by High Fliers Research for the Graduate Market.

High Fliers Research is a study of the latest graduate vacancies and starting salaries at the UK’s one hundred best-known and most successful employers.

The employers listed in The Graduate Market in 2017 report included big names like Apple, BBC, Deutsche Bank, Tesco and Google. These organisations are all part of the Times Top 100 Graduate Employers Ranking.

Warwick’s top position is due to its attraction of the greatest number of those top graduate recruiters for campus fairs, recruitment presentations, or other promotions during the last academic year.

Warwick appeared top in the ranking entitled: ‘Universities Targeted by the Largest Number of Top Employers in 2016-2017’, with Manchester in second place, and Bristol in third.

Other universities included in the top ten ranking of most-targeted universities by top graduate employers included Cambridge, Leeds, Birmingham, Nottingham, Oxford, Durham and Bath.

The report, published in the last few days, analyses new graduate starting salaries, the number of graduates employed by leading graduate recruiters last year, and examines their latest recruitment target for the coming year.

It also reviews promotions used by employers to publicise their graduate vacancies in the recruitment season, and the amount of paid work experience placements available to students and recent graduates.

Stephen Ward, Head of External Relations: Careers and Skills at the university, commented:

“Warwick’s position as the most targeted university in The Graduate Market in 2017, is testament to the hard work devoted by our teams to listening to and working with employers.

“Whilst the report focuses on the Times Top 100 UK organisations, who are a core group for us and of interest to many Warwick students, we in Student Careers & Skills work with almost 3000 organisations on an ongoing basis, from locally based small businesses to international employers. In every case we apply the same care in supporting them to engage productively with Warwick students across all disciplines.”

Ben Farrar, second-year Mathematics student, commented: “One of the main reasons I applied to Warwick was for its graduate prospects, so this is really encouraging to see.”