Image: The Boar Photography

Warwick host Insight Day for Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School

Warwick has been hosting Insight Days for local schools to give students awareness into what university is like.

Pupils from Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School, based in Coventry, were given a day of workshops addressing an array of issues in social sciences such as immigrations, human rights and Brexit.

The day was organized by assistant professor Alison Struthers, from Warwick Law School and the varied workshops were led by different professors, lecturers as well as university students.

The day as held for Year 8 and 9 students and the aim was to take them out of the classroom and into the university environment which would then give them a better understanding of university life.

Speaking to the Coventry Telegraph, Jas Dhillion, assistant principle at Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School said: “We have a very good relationship with the university and days like this are very important, not only to inspire, but also to raise the aspirations of our pupils.”

Alison Struthers commented: “They all expressed their opinions and entered into discussions about issues that are very prominent in today’s society.

She added: “It was excellent to welcome the pupils so that they could learn more about social sciences and find out more about going on to study at university. We hope to hold further workshops in partnership with Cardinal Wiseman in the future.”