Image: Boar Sport.

Boar Sport Power Rankings: November

And we’re back with the second edition of this year’s Power Rankings! In another action-packed month for #TeamWarwick, competition for the top spot was fiercer than ever. Itching to know who’s made top of the class for November? Let’s get on with it…

Boar Sport Power Rankings

Results run from: 2 November - 23 November 2016

10. Netball Women’s 3s W2 D0 L1

Beating two universities’ second teams shows the 3s can mix it at a higher level.
1

9. Men’s Fencing 1s W3 D0 L1

The guys’ form was as sharp as their swords this month.
2

8. Men’s Badminton 2s W3 D0 L1

Desso Hall has become a fortress thanks to the Badminton boys.
3

7. Men’s Table Tennis 2s W3 D0 L0

Before you could bat an eyelid (ey) they had three wins in as many matches.
4

6. Men’s Indoor Cricket 1s W5 D0 L2

It doesn’t get much sweeter than beating Coventry and Birmingham in the same day!
5

5. Women’s Volleyball 1s W3 D0 L0

Top of the league and three wins from three.
6

4. Men’s Lacrosse 1s W3 D0 L0

A goal difference of 42 – 5 makes for a pretty dominant month.
5

3. Women’s Basketball 1s W3 D0 L0

188 points in 3 matches at over 60 points per game.
4

2. Men’s Squash 2s W4 D0 L0

Through in the cup, and 100% in the league. Throw in a win against Coventry and that’s a great month!

6
And the winners of the November Power Rankings are…

1. Men’s Volleyball 1s W4 D0 L0

Many teams don’t take well to relegation, but the University of Warwick Men’s Volleyball 1s have been simply irresistible this season. Winning their first four matches in the Midlands 2A league this month, the Volleyball guys lead the league and have already establish a 3 point lead – this Image: Facebook/The University of Warwick Volleyball Club.gap is over our Varsity rivals Coventry, so extra brownie points to the side.

The start of November brought about a tense match against Aston, but since then, it has been plain sailing. Resounding victories against Staffordshire and Wolverhampton just highlight their dominance in the league so far. In the Midlands Conference Cup, they are through to the next round after a convincing win against Oxford Brookes. With a rematch against Staffordshire to close the month, the team will hope to keep their 100% record and their lead at the top of the standings. Even if they slip up, they cannot be denied their place at the top of the Boar Sport Power Rankings for November.