Photo: Warwick Media Library

Warwick MBA ranked best in the UK by The Economist

For the second year in a row, the Warwick Business School’s (WBS) full-time MBA has been ranked as number 1 in the UK by The Economist.

As well as being ranked number 1 in the UK, within The Economist’s ranking breakdown, particular attention was drawn to parts of the Warwick Business School’s MBA.

For example, faculty quality was ranked number 2, potential to network was ranked as number 4, and education experience was ranked number 6.

Out of a 100 schools, The Economist also gave WBS an overall rank of 20 and a regional rank of 5.

Warwick Business School is the first UK university to be ranked in the world’s top 20 and is also ranked 18th in the world and fifth in Europe. In addition, the Association of MBAs (AMBA) has accredited Warwick Business School’s MBA for over 22 years.

In the WBS newsletter, Professor Andy Lockett, Dean of Warwick Business School, said: “This is a fantastic achievement for the school and is testament to the hard work of the staff and students involved.”

According to WBS’s prospectus, the full time MBA helps students “find and develop [their] own leadership style and unleash [their] ability to create and innovate develop an entrepreneurial mindset engage with real business.”

This is not the first time the Warwick Business School MBA has been recognised for its academic excellence. The Financial Times and QS Top MBA consistently rank the Distance Learning MBA first in the UK. In addition, The Financial Times have also ranked Warwick Business School’s Executive MBA is in the world’s top 25.

Other WBS degrees have also been ranked highly. The Financial Times ranks the MSc in Finance 16th globally and 2nd in the UK for pure finance courses. It also ranks the MSc in Management 36th in the world and 3rd in the UK.