The Best of What’s On in Term One

Wondering what’s happening in Term One? We’ve got a quick round-up of the best of the literature-related events on over the next couple months. 

Writing Society’s Writer All Nighter – 4 November, location TBC

Two teams will go head-to-head, with each person writing for an hour over 12 hours to create a collaborative work. There’ll be games, food, drink and plenty of chatting. So put your stamina and dedication to the test and settle in for Warwick’s most intense writing sprint.

Literature vs Sciences Bar Crawl – 7 November, beginning at The Duke, Leamington

Bar crawls are a staple of life at university and this one is going to be huge. Brace yourself for drinks, games, general silliness and the chance to prove your department is the best on campus.

As You Like It – 22-25 November, Studio in Warwick Arts Centre

A powerful and original reincarnation of Shakespeare’s As You Like It is being performed by WUDS (Warwick University Drama Society). As You Like It is one of Shakespeare’s best loved comedies, and this version is being performed under the conceit that a devastating event has occurred, throwing the country into a state of anarchy. Auditions are occurring across Week 1 for anyone looking to get involved, just check the Facebook page!

Image Credits: patrick.tafani / Flickr (Header)