Image: Facebook/Warwick Motorsport

Why you should join Motorsport

There’s nothing quite like the sight and sound of man and machine in perfect harmony. As Warwick Motorsport’s Kyle Roberts explains, putting pedal to the metal isn’t the only reason to get behind the wheel…

k

Image: Warwick Motorsport

It’s not what you expect!

The first thing that many people think of when they hear karting is that time they went to an indoor track for a mate’s birthday – forget about that. We race high performance Club100 karts that have 2-stroke engines and are considerably lighter than the rental types, after only a short drive in a Club100 kart at an outdoor circuit you’ll catch the ‘bug’ and consider yourself the new Lewis Hamilton… you’re probably not though.

It’s fantastic value for money!

Motorsport is often described as the quickest way of converting money into noise, but here at Warwick Motorsport we can confidently say that with us you’ll get the most amount of noise for your money. The club is classed as ‘off campus’ so even just joining is cheaper than many other clubs. You don’t need a single piece of equipment: we have our own karts and equipment for you to borrow.

kart

Image: Warwick Motorsport

It’s as competitive as you want!

It doesn’t matter if you’ve never been in a kart before or if you’re a British karting champion, there’s a place for you. We do casual racing as well as the championship karting, while every term we aim to run two social karting events to one of the local karting tracks where everyone can enjoy themselves. Recently we’ve even started visiting Simply Race for virtual racing, and it’s proving to be one of our most popular events at the club. Our first event is normally held in Fresher’s fortnight, be sure to sign up!

We’ll guide you all the way!

We run our own Driver Development Programme where members can spend a day at a local outdoor circuit and experience one of our 30 horsepower Rotax Max karts. These are even faster than the Club100 karts we race in the BUKC. Two members of the club executive will be on hand to provide you with tips to improve and make sure you have a safe and fulfilling experience.

We love a Social!

Everything we do essentially comes down to having a good time. We hold regular circles as well as an annual Pub Grand Prix (aka bar crawl) and even have two social execs despite our relatively small size. Of course, we don’t just drink irresponsibly; we also organise club meals and days out to spectate at circuits such as Silverstone, so we remain an inclusive and friendly group. Please don’t drink and drive.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/warwick.motorsport/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/WarwickMsport

• I really love your post. I read your site pretty often and you are always coming out with some great
    things. I discussed this on my FB and my followers simply adored it.

Keep up the good work!