Image: Facebook/University of Warwick Men's Hockey Club

Why you should join Men’s Hockey

The University of Warwick Men’s Hockey Club is one of the most active clubs on campus, from collaborating with other sports to sinking pints of purple every Wednesday at POP!. Communications and Charities Director Olli Derham tells you why you should join UWMHC…

Welcoming and inclusive

From day one we will bring you in to our group of 70+ members. No matter whether you’re an international U18 player or have never picked up a hockey stick in your life, there’s something for everyone to do. We’ll never turn anyone away.

Competition

We have four teams playing competitively twice a week. For the experienced hockey player, our 1s play in BUCS 1A and MRHA Midlands 1 competing at a high standard. We cater for all abilities with our 4s also playing in BUCS and MRHA leagues, providing the opportunity for new players to try their hand at hockey and succeed.

hock

Image: University of Warwick Men’s Hockey Club

Sociable

We hold numerous socials every week, from circling and POP! on Wednesdays, to team outings at the weekends. We have connections between plenty of other clubs and societies on campus and at other Universities, including Ladies’ Hockey and Ladies’ Netball, and many members enjoy the socials so much they come back as Alumni!

Academic

Our members come from a range of degrees, from Economics and Engineering to History and Drama. You will always find someone on hand to help you through your course and job applications who have been there themselves.

Tour

The UWMHC has two tours every year. We hold our domestic tour to a mysterious location at the end of first term and our foreign tour at the end of term two; last year in Croatia. For many, these are the highlight of the social calendar and are often what members speak of the most when they have left the university.

Image: University of Warwick Men's Hockey Club