Image: Warwick Figure Skating Club

Why you should join Figure Skating

With Warwick Figure Skating, you have the chance to be part of a sports club from its very beginning. As president Alejandra Yanes tells you, the opportunity to take your skates around the country is just one reason to sign up at sports fair…

Newest club on campus!

WFSC was only established this year. Our passion for figure skating is combined with socials, competitions, trips and lots of fun.

What can you get out of it?

Our club is geared towards anyone looking to pursue a passion or budding interest in figure skating. We are in contact with professional, qualified coaches who teach all levels. We also offer fitness sessions which take place on the sports facilities on campus.

Where will it take place?

The rink where our skating sessions take place is located in Coventry, right next to IKEA. Travelling from campus takes approximately 15-20 minutes. The facility offers a safe and friendly atmosphere for skaters. We share the rink with Coventry University Skating Society which is great as you get to know many more people.

Be social

Our club exec believes it is as essential to build relationships with others not only within the club, but from other Warwick sports clubs and other UK university clubs. For this reason, we will hold activities such as circling with other sports clubs. We are also planning a trip to Birmingham’s Christmas market; through its food, drink, gifts and live music, as well as an outdoors ice rink, the market attracts visitors from across the city and the UK.

Competition

UCL has proposed a first ever figure skating competition across UK universities to take place in London in December, to “bring together figure skaters from across the country in a fun and relaxed atmosphere”.

clu

Image: Warwick Figure Skating Club

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/UniversityofWFSC/

Website: http://wfsc.webstarts.com