Image: Warwick Media Library

Warwick ranked 8th in latest league table

Warwick University has been ranked eighth in the UK in the 2017 UK University league table, published on Monday 28 April, by the Complete University Guide.

This is the most recent UK University league table to be published, and Warwick has kept its prominent position in the top ten UK universities.

This means that Warwick has managed to sustain its record of having never been outside the top ten in this ranking table.

Warwick was also ranked as best in the West Midlands, beating Birmingham and varsity rival Coventry University for the top spot in the area.

Rankings were based on a combination of factors, including entry standards, student satisfaction, research quality and graduate prospects.

Universities are ranked according to their overall score; a combination of the factors above. Warwick achieved an overall score of 889 out of a possible 1000.

This places Warwick above other frequently high ranking universities, including Exeter and UCL. Top performing universities included Cambridge in first place, Oxford in second, and LSE in third place.

Warwick’s ranking has moved down one place since last year, and Loughborough University places just above Warwick this year, having moved up four places from 11th to 7th position.

18 subjects at Warwick were also listed in the top ten in the UK, according to tables produced that differentiate by subject.

Among the highest performing subjects were Theatre Studies in 2nd place, Economics and American Studies in 3rd place, and both Business and Management Studies and Politics placing 4th in their subject categories.

Warwick was also ranked as best in the West Midlands, beating Birmingham, as well as varsity rival Coventry University for the top spot in the area.

First-year Law and Business student Daniel Shepherd commented: “It’s encouraging to see that graduate prospects and research quality here are ranking highly, and that the university maintains its place in the top ten.”