Image: The Boar / Joe Lester

Where CAN I study on campus?

While the benefits of studying in a coffee shop, by the lake, on-the-go or from the comfort of your own bed cannot be underestimated, there are still the chosen few that would actually rather be sat down somewhere on university campus to really remind them that they cannot escape the looming glare of their degree. Library aside, where is left for these ambitious young things?

There are a few additional study spaces on campus, including the aptly-named Biomed Grid, dedicated to Biological and Medical students as well as the Wolfson Research Exchange and Postgraduate Hub for postgraduate research students. Alongside these stand three Learning Grids, generally occupied by those who have detested the library since day one.

There are two smaller Learning Grids, one in the Rootes Building and one in Leamington Spa Town Hall, for students living off-campus. Learning Grid Rootes is decked out with iMacs, plasma screens and two bookable group study rooms.

Alongside these stand three Learning Grids, generally occupied by those who have detested the library since day one.

The Leamington Spa Learning Grid, in comparison, is pretty rudimentary. There are a few PCs you can book in advance and a single groups study room, and is generally less flashy, but meets the needs of the struggling student nonetheless.

The University House Learning Grid provides all of these amenities on a much larger scale, and has the added benefit of being open 24/7. Again, this is where you’ll find types who’ve been complaining about the inadequacy of our five-story Library since term one and we’re all late to the party.

To compensate for said inadequacy, the university have also made a number of seminar rooms available for pre-booked private study over the course of the term. However, the university’s website states that they do not accept bookings several days in advance, as they want to ensure that the spaces are being used.

Thankfully, Warwick have at least attempted to have us covered during the most difficult term of the year.

These include an abundance of rooms in the Humanities building for budding Classicists, Historians, Geographers and Language students questioning their life choices, as well as a select few in Social Sciences.

Thankfully, Warwick have at least attempted to have us covered during the most difficult term of the year. And if you are one of the rare, early-rising beings that have managed to procure yourself a place in the Library, we salute you.