Books to Stay Sane this Easter

[dropcap]W[/dropcap]ith the Easter break fast approaching, we’re all in for five full weeks of essay writing and exam revision! But, of course, sometimes we need a break to relax from the stress of it all and, like most book lovers, we do that with a great book! However, not all readers are the same, so I’ll be taking you through a few choices to suit your specific tastes and keep you sane among all that studying!

First up,  for if you’re The Lens Shifter:

The work is piling up and the pressure is on and you would rather focus on a character’s woes than your own, because “Hey, at least they have it better!” For this, I recommend An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. Nothing can make you feel more content than the knowledge that you don’t have to compete in lethal challenges or work as a slave in a military academy. Tahir paints a vibrant and dynamic society full of trials and conflicts to overcome that you simply can’t put it down! But, just remember, that essay will still be there when you’re done!

Nothing can make you feel more content than the knowledge that you don’t have to compete in lethal challenges or work as a slave in a military academy

Next,  for The Thinker:

This is the reader who wants to relax with a book that still keeps them intellectually stimulated during a quick break from work. For this, I recommend Matched by Ally Condie. Set in a dystopian society, this novel’s use of poetry and language could easily pass for literary fiction. Condie’s use of Dylan Thomas’ Do not go gentle into that good night creates a striking parallel between the controlling society and the main character’s internal conflicts with conforming. This novel will provide the perfect interlude to the demands of Easter assignments!

Sometimes we need a break to relax from the stress of it all and, like most book lovers, we do that with a great book

Lastly, my personal favourite, The Escapist:

This reader wants a book with a world they can fall into in order to relax and completely immerse themselves in the tale. For this, I recommend Cinder by Marissa Meyer. This retelling of the classic fairy-tale, Cinderella, combines cyborgs, princes, aliens, a deadly plague and it’s all set in a futuristic China. Meyer creates a world with detailed imagery that brilliantly illustrates the animated world of New Beijing. With unique characters that are sure to have you in fits of laughter, this fast-paced novel is guaranteed to hook you from the first page!

Image Credits: Candace / Flickr (Header)