Game of the Year – Runner Up 2015

Runner Up 2015: Fallout 4

fallout 4

Where to begin with Fallout 4? There’s no denying it has its problems. It’s buggy, often broken, and occasionally even a chore. But despite all that, people are content to pour hours, and even days of their lives into Bethesda’s third run at the post-apocalypse wasteland. Even then, you can find yourself lost in side quests ranging from battling sea monsters to helping a lost child get back to his family,  all while barely touching the main body of the story. While not exactly the shining jewel of the franchise, Fallout 4 still manages to shine.

this game isn’t just an upgrade from Bethesda’s last generation of games, but a true evolution for the franchise

With improved combat, near-limitless crafting opportunities, and a world so large that you can wander around for hours and still find new things to surprise you, this game isn’t just an upgrade from Bethesda’s last generation of games, but a true evolution for the franchise, developing on all the elements that made past entries in the series so engaging. It’s because of this that Fallout 4 is a title that will continue to impact its genre for years to come.

[divider]

new_twitter_logoLet us know what you think @boargames