Freshers give their verdict on their first term at Warwick

[dropcap]A[/dropcap] sample of First Year students take a survey to see what they thought of their first term at Warwick.

Term One saw freshers descending upon university for the very first time. With all of the excitement, new experiences (and stress!) that comes with moving away from home and into halls; Boar Features asked a sample of first years to recap their first term to see what went well, what didn’t and what they really thought of Warwick life.

Overall, the sample of first year students seemed happy with their first term at Warwick with 92.3% of them saying they did not regret their decision to study at Warwick.

78% of those surveyed found it difficult living away from home in their first term.

Of the students surveyed, the majority were domestic students (students living in the UK).

The survey produced some interesting results. Of particular interest was the result that 78% of those surveyed found it difficult living away from home in their first term, a result that many students can relate to. Despite this however, only 40% went home during their first term because of homesickness!

Freshers living in Rootes came out as the happiest in their accommodation. Every Rootes resident in the survey said they were happy with the halls they were allocated.

63.6% said that they regretted not (joining societies or sports clubs)

Freshers’ Fortnight was a contentious topic amongst those surveyed. There was a near even split when they were asked if they enjoyed the two weeks, with 55.8% saying they did enjoy it and 44.2% saying they did not. The biggest issue for those who didn’t enjoy it was having lectures and seminars during the fortnight.

First years seem to have thrown themselves into Warwick life from the start. 86.5% had joined societies or sports clubs and of those who said that they didn’t 63.6% said that they regretted not doing so.
Find highlights of the survey results below!

Fresher Infographic crop