#BUCSWednesday Notepad: Week 13

Men’s Rugby: Green boots light up a miserable afternoon for Warwick As I ventured out to the furthest of the Cryfield pitches to watch the 3s take on Northampton, I hoped that arriving as the away side scored a try was not a sign of things to come. Unfortunately I was proved wrong, as within minutes the visitors had touched down once again. In between bemoaning the lack of communication and Northampton scoring yet another try there was the odd moment to cheer – though this tended to be as much about slating an opposition player’s green boots as anything the home side could produce on the pitch.12584240_10201245137446793_1796286781_n

Men’s Squash: You know those days when nothing goes your way… With the Men’s 1s up against Birmingham 2s it was (sort of) a local derby in Desso Hall. In one particular match, Warwick’s man appeared to be having one of those days. Every marginal bounce was going the way of his opponent; each one met with a grimace of frustration. We’ve all been there.

12584047_10201245137566796_826271865_n

Men’s Football: The men’s football 4s continued their excellent form which has seen them in the top 10 in consecutive Boar Sport Power Rankings with a well-fought 3-1 victory in the El Covico at Fortress Cryfield. Straight from the kick-off, the match proved to be an aggressive one. With heavy tackles waved on by a lenient referee, the sides produced a heated battle despite the miserable conditions. This battle was only encouraged off the pitch by a select 5 Coventry fans, all lined up in their parkas on the side-line. From just shouting at the ref, to jeering Warwick’s misplaced passes, the tenacity had clearly extended to off the field. Coming into half time at 0-0, it could be argued that they had been at the heart of the game. But then Coventry conceded. And then they left. Manchester United all over really.