Warwick surpasses £50 million anniversary investment goal

The University of Warwick has revealed that it has surpassed its goal of raising £50 million to invest in teaching and research by the end of its 50th anniversary year.

It was announced on 16 October that over 12,000 donors had contributed to the overall total of £73 million since the campaign’s launch.

The money will be used to benefit students, as well as to fund research that will address a number of medical and global problems.

For example, £19 million will go towards medical research being carried out at Warwick, such as investigations into cancer and infectious disease.

£29 million will be used for student scholarships, whilst £2 million is for the Warwick in Africa Programme which helps over 200,000 teachers and learners across Africa in maths and English education.

The announcement followed the Festival of the Imagination, which celebrated Warwick’s 50th Anniversary.

On the first day of that festival Warwick University also unveiled “The Ripple Effect”, a new art work piece by artist Philip Melling that celebrates and includes the origin of every donation in excess of £25,000 made to Warwick since its foundation.