Credit: Flickr.com

The future of gaming for the economy

Next year as well as the end of this year is set to be even more promising than the last year for gaming, especially the wealth it will bring to the UK economy as well as global economies.

This year saw the release of many highly anticipated titles, from Fallout 4 (only last week) to Star Wars Battlefront Two. But next year is set to push the bar even higher and break gaming records globally.

With Assassin’s Creed already knocking off key players such as Call of Duty in 2009, Syndicate is set to break even more records. Already confirmed that sales of Black Flag, another game in the franchise, has sold over 10million copies, amounting to well over £400million for Ubisoft, the highly anticipated Syndicate is sure to break many records.

What’s more is that 2016 will be the year of No Man’s Sky. A massive open-world sandbox game that allows you to explore (stick with me here), 18 quintillion planets! A likened to Minecraft, if this game is anything similar to Minecraft, then Hello Games can expect sales of just over 14million copies for PC alone, with over 100million users.

Finally, and one of my personal favourites, is the next in the series of Dishonoured games. Set in an incredible Steam-Punk(esq) world, Dishonoured is certainly one of my favourite games of all time. Next year we see the second instalment of Dishonoured, the imaginatively named Dishonoured 2. Doing what they do best and sticking to what gamers love, they will be expanding the already vast game with interesting new abilities and weapons, this time, we are aware, with a twist. But back to the Finance! Selling around 4million copies, a greater than expected quantity for Bethesda studious, and becoming the best-selling original game in 2012. Certainly one to watch for sales next year.