The Boar Sport Weekend Preview: 7-8 November

Oscar Mayhew and James Roberts look ahead to some mouth-watering domestic and international sport in the Weekend Preview.

Oscar Mayhew

Premier League Football: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur – Sky Sports 1, Sunday 4pm

This weekend brings us the North London derby, with the two form sides in the Premier League staging their rivalry once again. With five wins in their last five Premier League matches Arsene Wenger’s men will walk out favourites at the Emirates, but many have predicted an upset from Spurs. The visitors have not lost in the league since their opening game and put in an impressive midweek performance against Anderlecht. With an injury plagued Arsenal coming off the back of a mauling at the hands of Bayern Munich, will Harry Kane be able to bring home the spoils? Whatever the result, we’ll be in for plenty of eye-catching action along the way.

The North London Derby has showcased the talents of greats such as Cesc Fabregas and, er, Jermaine Jenas

James Roberts

International Test Cricket: Australia v New Zealand – Saturday 12am, Sunday 12am, Sky Sports 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAiffFKMnTI

Only a few days after the two countries contested the Rugby World Cup final Australia and New Zealand meet again in a clash of equal importance for their cricketing counterparts. The weekend comes as the match enters its third and fourth days and the odds are stacked against the visitors. In reply to Australia’s incredible 556-4 declared, a late day two collapse left New Zealand on 157-5. Kiwi hopes rest with batsman Kane Williamson, who survived significant Aussie pressure to end the day on 55 not out. If Williamson can haul his side out of trouble then New Zealand might just be able to save this game – and sooth the pain of their Cricket World Cup final defeat to their rivals earlier this year. His battle with fearsome pace duo Mitchell Johnson and Mitchell Starc promises to one worth staying up for.

An Austalian fast bowler roars in to claim another victim