Professor Christine Ennew. Image: Warwick University

Professor Christine Ennew to Become New Provost

Professor Christine Ennew has been announced as the new provost of Warwick University. She will take up the post in August 2016, replacing current provost professor Stuart Croft as he takes on the role of vice-chancellor.

The provost is a senior academic administrative position, and plays a key supporting role for the vice-chancellor at the University. Ennew’s key roles will include developing the University’s academic strategy and overseeing the committee responsible for academic developments and resources.

Ennew’s past experience includes the post of provost and chief executive officer of Nottingham University’s Malaysia Campus, and pro-vice-chancellor for Internationalisation and the Faculty of Science, also at Nottingham.

In a statement provided by Warwick University, professor Christine Ennew said:

“I am currently responsible for the operation of a significant broad spectrum overseas campus where staff and students study and research across the arts, sciences and social sciences.

“I am delighted to have been asked to bring that experience to Warwick to play a key role in supporting and the developing the full academic life of one the UK’s leading universities.”

Earlier this year, Warwick announced plans to open a campus in California, and it is possible that Ennew will play a role in achieving that goal. The current projections are to have a campus supporting around 6000 students by 2031.

Sir George Cox, pro-chancellor and chair of council at Warwick, added:

“Amongst the many attributes that professor Ennew brings, her international experience will be of huge value as Warwick pursues its ambitious plans for greater global reach.”