The current Humanities building. Photo: Stephen Richards

New Humanities Building For Warwick Campus?

The University of Warwick could be getting a new humanities building.

A new scheme has been set up in collaboration with the University to explore possible new learning spaces on campus- including a potential new humanities building.

The project, entitled ‘IF’, is being run by Nomad RDC ltd, a design team who specialise in creating ‘people-centred’ places.

They have stated they are especially interested in “potential spaces for a new building to house the Faculty of Arts”.

Over October and November, the Nomad Team are going to engage with students and staff to get their opinions and ideas for possible new learning spaces.

They are planning to do this through site visits, a pop up stall and field events, and they have a blog and Twitter account which will be regularly updated.

One such site visit happened between the 26th and 27th of October, when some of the team’s researchers were on campus to gather student views on the new humanities building.

Katyana Rocker-Cook, a third year English Literature and Creative Writing student, was positive about the possibility of a new humanities building, stating that the current one is “dreary” and that “it’s about time” a new one was built.