Photo: Japanexperterna.se

Warwick students shortlisted for entrepreneurship award

Two Warwick students have been shortlisted in a national entrepreneurship competition for their social networking app, Picditto.

Picditto is a professional social network platform aimed at artists and designers which allows them to upload and share design concepts using photos.

The app allows users to establish their personal profile, while enhancing communications and relations within the design industry.

Picditto helps make it easier to approach target markets and the system enables users to gain feedback from industry experts, who can then offer designers a rating.

The co-founders of this project are both Masters students at Warwick, originally from Taiwan. Andre Wang, who is studying Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and Veronica Chang, who is studying e-Business Management, are both delighted with their achievement.

Credit: University of Warwick

Credit: University of Warwick

Andre Wang and Veronica Chang have created Picditto so that creative individuals can share ideas

If the budding entrepreneurs are successful in making it through to the final next month they will go to London in July to present Picditto to a panel of judges.

Veronica has highlighted the importance of tackling stumbling blocks in the art and design industry and boosting your own business profile.

She said: “Getting feedback from certain and critical individuals becomes the key to success for artists and designers. This is what Picditto aims to do.”

On making the shortlist, Andre thanked the University: “There is a real entrepreneurial spirit at Warwick, which has inspired us and helped Veronica and I get our idea off the ground. We’re hoping that we can go further in this competition and are looking forward to hearing the list of finalists.”