Image: Warwick Arts Centre

An alternative revision break: What’s on this Summer Term at Warwick Arts Centre?

It may be term three, and you may be facing deadlines and exams left, right and centre, but what better way to spend revision breaks than to head to Warwick Arts Centre to see some of the fantastic films, shows and concerts that the Summer Season has to offer!

Apart from the fact it is right on your doorstep, one of the great things about the Arts Centre are its student offers, available to Warwick Students all year round. For many of the shows this season there are £6.50 theatre tickets available, with films at only £4.50. With the number of student offers growing every week, make sure you check out the Student Deals at www.warwick.ac.uk/students to find out more!

For the highlights this term look no further than This is How We Die coming to the Arts Centre on the 19 & 20 May. This intimate studio production by Christopher Bretty Bailey is a “spiralling odyssey of pitch-black humour and nightmarish prose” with tales of young love, it promises to be a great revision break! If you fancy something a little more light-hearted then the return of The Deranged Marriage for its 10th anniversary is on 2 June. With sparkling costumes and impressive dance numbers, its one you won’t want to miss.

If music is more your thing, then why not check out Mexrrissey – Mexico Goes Morrissey in the Copper Rooms? Tickets are only £14.50 to see this ‘south of the border’ reimagining of some of Morrissey’s greatest songs, performing on 30 April. Later in the term, what better way to join in Warwick’s 50th Celebrations than by heading to Butterworth Hall to see Django Django, performing as part of Warwick Music Festival on 22May. The four-piece promises an unforgettable musical evening. The Arts Centre also has 50 tickets available for Warwick Students to attend the Yamato Drummers of Japan concert on 1 May. Not just about the music, this show is a visual, high-energy performance which wowed Arts Centre audiences last year.

For something different, why not try Bromance, a circus spectacular starring three young male acrobatics and their attempt at tackling all things ‘bloke’ in a playful and touching way. Having already taken Edinburgh Festival by storm, this quirky and unique performance, taking place on the 26 and 27 May, is being described as ‘unmissable’.

At the beginning of May head to the cinema to check out Tom Hardy and Noomi Rapace in Child 44, which follows a secret agent in his attempts to track down a serial killer. Later in the month you might like to check out Game of Thrones’ very own Kit Harrington in Spooks: The Greater Good, a big screen continuation of the BAFTA-winning BBC drama, which hits the screen from the 22 May. While We’re Young, A Little Chaos and Far From the Madding Crowd also hit the screen in May so there should be something for everyone to watch!

Most of us take advantage of the Arts Centre for the café or lectures, but forget that there are so many events going on right under our noses every day. Why not make this the term that you go and see something new. So bring your friends and make the most of the fantastic ticket deals!

To keep up with student deals follow the Student Arts Representatives (STARS) on Twitter: @STARSWarwick or look out for our black and yellow hoodies around campus!