Photo: Elliott Brown / Flickr

Still looking for housing? Students give the Boar their recommendations

While many Warwick University students have already secured their off-campus accommodation for next year, many still find themselves struggling to find the right place.

With numerous student letting agencies available for students to choose from, the Boar asked which the most popular are among Warwick students.

First-year student Olivia Gillard said of her house hunting experience: “Warwick Accommodation was our first resort to look for accommodation off-campus as they have different let lengths. This is really helpful for students as there is no deposit required which is a definite financial benefit.”

Warwick Accommodation handles over 400 different sized properties in Coventry, Leamington Spa and Kenilworth, including properties housing up to 12 people. New properties are still being added to their website for students still struggling to find a place to live off-campus.

The Warwick Student Accommodation website states “All of the properties are furnished to meet the needs of our students’ with benefits such as no deposit, hidden fees or signing fees, and no rent to pay until the start of the tenancy.”

Tara & Co also feature amongst the most popular student letting companies, with houses available in Leamington Spa and Warwick. Their website states that they offer “a straightforward and jargon-free service.”

First-year student Jack Williams told the Boar: “I secured my house for next year through Tara & Co and it was really easy.

“Everything could be done through email, including the contract, which meant that we didn’t have to try and organise when we were all available to go.”

Another company recommended by students is Langley Student Accommodation for its useful website for finding off-campus accommodation.

On the website you can search for properties in Coventry, Canley, Earlsdon and Kenilworth with up to seven bedrooms. One month’s deposit is required which is returnable at the end of the tenancy.