Question Master Cayo Q.Eye.Eye photo: Sian Elvin

Boar holds charity quiz for East African playgrounds

Warwick students filled the Students’ Union bar, The Graduate, for the Boar’s Charity Quiz in aid of UK charity East African Playgrounds.

On Tuesday 2 March, more than 20 students, mostly members of the Boar, piled into The Graduate for the paper’s Charity Quiz, raising over £60.

Competition was stiff, with just two points separating first and second place, but Team DDO, the eventual victors, went home happy (and perhaps a little inebriated), having been awarded prosecco for their efforts. The winning team demonstrated an impressive knowledge of cheesy 90’s song lyrics.

The entirety of the evening’s proceeds were donated to UK-based charity East African Playgrounds, which sends volunteers to build playgrounds for children in countries across East Africa.

The charity seeks to reinforce the “importance of play” in accordance with Article 31 of the UN Convention of the Right of the Child by building playgrounds in every East African community.

The initiative is close to the Boar’s heart, as the event’s co-organiser, Sian Elvin, explained: “myself and another editor, Bethan [McGrath], are going out to Uganda over the summer to build playgrounds for the charity”.

Ms Elvin went on to describe the event as “a great success” and has suggested that there should be “a reprise after exams next term.”