Photo: WikiCommons

Warwick third most-targeted by employers

Students at the University of Warwick are the third most-often targeted by top graduate employers, reveals research by High Fliers.

The annual UK Graduate Careers Survey, involving over 18,000 final year students, is based on face-to-face interviews with finalists and on-campus research groups.

Universities such as Manchester, Nottingham, Cambridge and Oxford are also among the most frequently targeted for graduate employment.

The report also notes increasing confidence in the graduate recruitment market as the UK’s leading employers “plan to expand their graduate recruitment even further in 2015 with 8.1 percent more entry-level vacancies than last year”.

Warwick is consistently in the top ten in this annual survey.

The University’s vice chancellor Professor Sir Nigel Thrift said: “Warwick is a globally connected university and our students graduate with an acute global awareness and an ability to thrive in a range of countries and cultures. It is no surprise that they are highly sought after by many globally focused leading graduate employers.

“This is a testament to the high calibre of Warwick’s students and how they take full advantage of the experiences Warwick offers them as a university.”