Photo: André Benedix/Flickr

Save Vs Splurge

Emily Dunford compares liquid eyeliners to decide whether the splurge is worth it…

Save: No7 Stay Precise Felt Tip Eye Liner

Photo: Flickr / Ashley Harrigan

Photo: Flickr / Ashley Harrigan

Leave the feathery-brushed eyeliners in the shop, this felt-tip liner from No7 is neater, more even and more comfortable than other high-street brands. Priced at £8, No7 are on to a winner with this easy to apply product. With the extra-slim brush for easy application, this felt tip liner is a quick makeup fix that you can apply in a minute and top up in seconds. As the felt tip softens, it doesn’t affect the high quality of the application and it’s just as simple to apply a thin or thick line. There’s an option of brown or black, so you can choose between glamorous cat eyes or a laid-back everyday look. It’s not quite as long-lasting as the Benefit liner but the colour is even and doesn’t flake as gel liners like Benefit’s can be prone to.

Splurge: Benefit They’re Real! Push-up Liner

It’s easy to see why this is the no.1 selling eyeliner in the UK. This push-up gel liner adds a pop of long-lasting colour that doesn’t dry out. The AccuFlex tip makes the gel effortless to apply and, as advertised, it hugs the lashline easily and applies in a straight line. It might not be to everyone’s taste though- the push-up pen often gives you too much or too little gel at once, making for a smudged application. Once you’ve got the knack however, this is a foolproof liquid eyeliner and definitely the best gel liner I’ve used. Retailing at £18.50, this is a product to buy as a post-exam treat.

Winner: No7 Stay Precise Felt Tip Eye Liner