Image: Flickr.com/ Kool Cats Photography

Arts Column: Getting Cultural in 2015

Haven’t got a new year’s resolution yet? Why not commit yourself to seeing more arts, and for free! Here are three of the best free ways to get cultural in 2015.

The Mead Gallery is right on our doorstep in the top floor of the Arts Centre. One of the exhibitions featuring this term is Close and Far: Russian Photography Now. This will explore the subject of identity and place in a post-Soviet Russia through the presentation of recent photography and films.

A little further from home but definitely worth the trip, The Saatchi Gallery on London’s King’s Road celebrates its 30th Anniversary. The exhibitions are forever changing and always promise to be visually exciting. In March they will be showcasing New Art from Africa and Latin America. Perhaps a good choice for those embracing art for the first time.

For a more immersive experience, why not visit Fargo Village, just around the corner in Coventry? Having being compared to the likes of Camden and Brick Lane, Fargo Village offers niche and unique artists’ studios, as well as creative workspaces, crafts, and entertainment spaces.

So don’t use your student budget as an excuse: embrace free art and make your 2015 a cultural one.