Photo: Warwick Media Library

Warwick in world’s top 150 for graduate prospects

The University of Warwick has been ranked in the world’s top 150 for graduate employment.

The Global Employability University Ranking, published by The International New York Times, named Warwick as the 112th best university in the world for graduate employment.

The list was compiled as part of a new league table on graduate employment, which measured universities on their production of graduates who are ready to work. The ranking also considered expertise in a particular field and university reputation.

Warwick was also the 12th best institution from the UK on the list.

Earlier in the year, Warwick was selected as the Times’ and Sunday Times’ ‘University of the Year’ for 2014/15.

Peter Dunn, director of press and policy at the University, warned: “One has to take each individual league table with a pinch of salt. These tables are usually generated from data provided by universities themselves who in turn get it from graduates and thus may not always be 100% accurate.”

Mr. Dunn added that Warwick had performed better in The Guardian rankings, where the university was ranked 10th in the UK for graduate employment.

Guide Wangsathaporn, a postgraduate Economics student, acknowledged that Warwick supports its students in many ways, including career fairs and career guidance counseling.

However, he suggested that the University could help students further, he suggested: “[The University could improve by] introducing a mandatory internship into the curriculum so as to increase the future employability of its graduates.”

Mr. Wangsathaporn also commented that he has gained transferable skills as part of his degree at Warwick.

He added: “Obtaining a degree from a renowned university like Warwick makes me optimistic regarding employment in the near future.”