Photo: Independent

The i newspaper to hold charity student gig at Leamington’s Robbins Well

A charity student gig will be held at Leamington Spa pub Robbins’ Well on Monday 17 November by the i newspaper.

The gig will be at 7pm, and will be fundraising for charities Veterans Aid and ABF The Soldiers’ Charity.

Student bands Feralsect, Feudal Knights, Fey Militia, 66’ Chevelle and solo artist, Navina Rajan, will all be performing at the charity gig.

The student bands are active in Warwick Bandsoc. The society will also be helping set up and run the night’s event.

The gig is part of the newspaper’s university iSessions event. As a nationwide competition, the five bands will be competing online against other university-based bands.

After the gig, students from across the country will be given the chance to vote for their favourite artist on the Independent website. The five bands with the highest amount of votes out of all those who participated will proceed to the Battle of the Bands final in March.

The winners of the event will be crowned iSessions champions and will be awarded a day’s worth of recording in a professional studio alongside free festival tickets.

The gig will be aiming to raise as much money as possible for the two charities, both of which are actively involved in the improvement of life and care for those who have served in the military.

Veteran Aid seeks to transform the quality of care and support received by veterans across the UK, while offering immediate help to those suffering from addiction or mental issues that may arise from military service.

The Soldiers’ Charity similarly offers lifetime support to serving and retired soldiers and their families.

For those struggling financially, the charity provides assistance in the form of debt relief, mobility assistance or education bursaries.

The event follows last year’s iQuiz, a news-based pub quiz, which also took place around the University campus.

For further information about the event, get in touch with Samuel Lovett at samueljo19@hotmail.co.uk.