The Apprentice- Week 4

This week saw the candidates creating their own Online Video Channel, with the aim to get as many Youtube views as possible. From a viewer’s perspective, I cringed throughout the entire episode thinking, ‘ Is this is the best that the business world has to offer? A fat man being shouted at, and an idiot eating a fake chicken?’ How they got any views at all is absolutely baffling.

Lord Sugar did the unusual and chose project managers, with Ella Jade for Team Tenacity, who’s business idea is to produce and film documentaries; and Solomon the resident technology and social media expert for Team Summit. Surely both of them should be perfect for this task, no?

Christmas came early for Ella Jade when in an apparent unsuccessful brainstorm, Katie informed the team that she had her own video channel in fitness that she gets a lot of views from. Well done Ella Jade, you’ve now been spared from using any creativity at all to come up with an original concept. This naive jump onto a concept pretty much summed up her style as a leader, culminating in the biggest blunder of the task – failing to inform her sub team that their video needed a name and a description to pull in viewers. Excuse me whilst I go and smack my head against the wall.

However, this recap would be nothing without a special mention to everyone’s favourite candidate, Felipe Alviar-Baquero. Bravely, he came up with the concept of ‘Fat Daddy’s Fitness Hell’ and subjected himself to endless fitness tasks and being shouted at constantly for being overweight. It became very obvious tat the team’s comedy strategy was just to mock and belittle the so called ‘Fat Daddy’, the consumer that they were trying to appeal to. That sounds like a good plan – completely ostracise your target market. However, Felipe gave everything, made better by the fact that he was in a vest and headband. You do those star jumps Felipe – this Fat Daddy hopefully isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

source: the telegraph

source: the telegraph

Team Summit’s Project Manager, Solomon Akhtar went for a comedic cooking theme with ‘Dare to Dine’. I dare you to make a cooking show, have James acting the idiot, pretending to eat a rubber chicken and snoring when there’s too much talking…and pitch it to 30 year olds. Bianca told the team that during their pitch to Buzzfeed (the most important part of the task) that one of the people they were presenting to wrote, ‘Kill James’. After his performance in the last few tasks, and his ridiculous attempt at humour, I could’t agree more.

This week howeverwas a special one. TRIPLE FIRING. That’s right, you read correctly, for the first time in Apprentice history, there was a triple firing. Steven ‘I’m very concerned’ Ugoalah, Sarah Dales (the most incompetent candidate of all time), and Ella Jade got the finger. The former two for frankly being ridiculous, let’s not forget Steven’s attempt at a pitch “In a 100 mile journey, the most important step is the first step”, no Steven, no; and Ella Jade because the task  was practically designed for her and she still wasn’t able to accomplish it. If you can’t make a 3 minute video with a coherent message, how can you make an hour-l

ong documentary that she claimed would ‘benefit the greater good.’ Oh shut up.

In all honesty, I say good riddance to all three candidates that were fired. It was obvious from the start that they weren’t credible, and now that the dead weight is gone, I think we can focus on the legitimate potential winners such as Pamela Uddin and Mark Wright. On to the coach tours…​