Image: Drama Collective

Warwick Drama Society Profiles

Codpiece Devising Society

Codpiece will be holding weekly workshops in Term One that will cover a variety of performance skills. In Week 7 they’ll be staging a devised piece, in association with Freshblood New Writing, called Souvenirs, which will be performed in the Arts Centre Studio. Auditions will be held in the first week of term and freshers are encouraged to put themselves forward. They are also going to be continuing their partnership with Freshblood when they take part in the Live Art and Music Project in Leamington Spa, where they hope to create an immersive piece of theatre spanning across the entire venue.

Image: Sam Wightman

Image: Sam Wightman

Freshblood New Writing

Freshblood’s President, Jamie Wright, is keen to hear from people who would like to work with the production team of Souvenirs. For those who are interestedhis email address is: J.Wright.1@warwick.ac.uk . The society will also once again be hosting FreshFest which is an annual festival that stages and, for the first time ever, screens work written and directed by students at Warwick. Important deadlines for budding producers, directors, actors and writers will be released over the next few weeks. Freshblood will also be running a series of writing workshops, cabaret nights and scratch-shows in Term 1.

Image: Jamie Wright

Image: Jamie Wright

Shakespeare Society

ShakeSoc will be holding auditions for their production of The Merchant of Venice on the 8th, 9th and 10th of October. The society is also going to be bringing in professional companies to run workshops with its members, as well as collaborating with local schools with the aim of creating small productions and workshops that will be appropriate for young people. There’ll also be trips to different productions of Shakespeare’s work, including at the RSC, and a scratch night in term one that’s aimed at anyone who’s interested in acting or directing a scene from one of Shakespeare’s plays.

Image: Michael Chidgey

Image: Michael Chidgey

Warwick University Drama Society – WUDS

WUDS have just returned from the Edinburgh Fringe where they staged an excellent production of Simon Stephen’s adaptation of John Fosse’s I Am The Wind. This term they will be putting on a production of Stephen Berkoff’s East in Week 5 and also auditioning students for their two other shows: Gods of Carnage, which will be performed at the Loft Theatre in Leamington Spa, and Wit which will be an on-campus project performed in conjunction with MedSoc. The society will also be holding a meeting in Week One where freshers can find out more about how to get involved.

Image: Amanda Fawcett

Image: Amanda Fawcett