Photo: Warwick Media Library

Warwick Student Arts Festival is set to takeover Campus

The tenth annual Warwick Student Arts Festival (WSAF) will take place from Saturday 21 June to Tuesday 24 June.

WSAF will be held across campus, taking over the Students’ Union and Warwick Arts Centre, as well as expanding to venues in Leamington Spa.

More than 160 events are programmed to take place across the four days, ranging from theatre, music and dance, to performances like the ‘Trampolining Showcase’, ‘A Clown Show’, and the ‘Warwick Pole Showcase’.

Along with such performances, exhibitions and interactive workshops will be held in the Helen Martin Studio where everyone can get involved with WSAF.

Lauren Clarke, co-coordinator of WSAF, emphasised the, “exciting new venture” that has been added to the programme this year, WSAF ‘After Hours’.

Lauren said: “Each night after events have finished on campus, we’ll be setting up camp in Robbins Well for a nice wind-down at the end of every day, with the promise of great comedy and music performances”.

Hannah Fitzgibbon, a fourth-year History undergraduate, expressed her excitement about the festival.

Hannah commented: “It seems like it is going to be taking over campus, everywhere you look there is something else to take your interest. I am looking forward to seeing some of the performances out on the Piazza, there is so much variety.”

Miss Clarke encouraged as many people as possible to take part in the events: “It is really not one to miss this year, so whether you’re a seasoned WSAF-er or totally new to it all, we’d encourage you to come along each day and just see what we have to offer!”