Photo: Derin Odueyungbo

Warwick Youth Phab hosts Easter crafts

The Warwick Youth Phab (WYP) charity group hosted an Easter crafts evening last week, specifically aimed at young people in the local area.

The crafts evening was held at Westbury Centre in Leamington Spa on March 6, with attendees having a range of games and activities to choose from, including snooker, hockey and table tennis.

WYP is a youth club for both able-bodied and disabled young people aged 10-19 years old.

Volunteers worked closely with the young people in designing and making Easter eggs, with parents watching on.

The club’s mission is to “promote and encourage people of all abilities to come together on equal terms, to achieve complete inclusion within the wider community”.

Despite being financially supported by the Boar, WYP rely heavily on the work of its volunteers.

Courtney Giles, who set up the youth club, told the Boar: “We’re trying to get volunteers of all ages. We want our volunteers to be really involved…  for people to just join in and take part.”

Claire Hughes, a Philosophy and English student who volunteers with WYP, told the Boar: “It’s [volunteering] really great because you can build a relationship with the kids, which is really fun.”

Speaking on the work that WYP is doing in the local area, Ms Hughes added: “It’s been cool to see it grow because there were only three people on the first week.”

To find out more about Warwick Youth Phab, or to get involved with volunteering, visit  www.warwickyouth.phab.org.uk