Photo: National Apprenticeship Challenge

Warwick students reach semi-final of National Apprentice Challenge

Warwick students are facing universities across the UK in the largest live competition for budding young entrepreneurs.

Richard Bettemann, Sam Evans, Emmett Saigal and Georgia Doe will be representing the University of Warwick at the National Apprentice Challenge 2014 semi-final.

Taking place in Birmingham on 28 and 29 March, the National Apprentice Challenge semi-final comprises of a series of practical challenges and strategy sessions designed to test students’ entrepreneurial skills.

The winners of the final will receive a £5,000 cash prize and will also be invited to Sir Richard Branson’s house.

Last year’s winners were offered a £100,000 investment package based on their presentation.

One of the tasks involves setting up and running a Mother’s Day stall in Birmingham City Centre.

Sepehr Eslahi, co-founder and director of the National Apprentice Challenge, said: “The National Apprentice Challenge is a great platform for aspiring business candidates to demonstrate their entrepreneurial spirit, hone their skills and build important relationships with influential people in the industry.”

The competition will be filmed and distributed to 100 university campuses, aiming to inspire the next generation of business leaders.