Warwick Consulting Society stage nationally recognised event

UntitledPhoto: Warwick Consulting Society

Warwick Consulting Society (WSC), the largest academic society at the University of Warwick, held a nationally recognised competition at the University of Warwick on February 15.

Warwick students were joined by others from across the country when the Inter-University Case Competition brought together some of the best and brightest students who share a passion for consulting.

Students from Cass Business School, Hult International Business School, Imperial College London, the London School of Economics and Political Science, the University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford are among those who participated in this nationally recognised competition.

The teams were selected through another WCS initiative called Live Projects.

Through Live Projects, aspiring student consultants have been outsourced to various University of Warwick Students’ Union societies to look for ways to improve their logistics, efficiency, marketing or strategical aims throughout the year.

Warwick students were heard by some of the leading consulting companies that attended the day. These include PwC, Accenture, Deloitte and Warwick Business School.

Talking to the Boar before the event, Nicholas Ostime, events coordinator for WCS 2013-14, said: “The competition will provide a platform for students with a passion for consulting to showcase their talents on a national level.”

As well as benefiting students, Mr Ostime added that the competition would “help expand our current professional network” and would act as “a rare opportunity for consulting societies in the UK to make an impact on a national scale.”

WCS is the central hub for Warwick students interested in consulting, strategy, business analytics and related industries.

Mr Ostime added that the event would “hopefully pave the way for a much greater emphasis on collaborative frameworks between the societies of various universities.”